Lebanese shopper discovered several food items made in Israel in one of Lebanon’s largest retailers Tuesday.
While shopping at Spinneys in the coastal city of Sidon, a man, who preferred to remain anonymous, discovered a bag of three kinds of peppers made in Israel.
He immediately contacted local authorities who in turn contacted the Lebanese Army.
Members of military intelligence and police arrived to Spinneys to discover 13 similar bags that have the word “Israel” printed on the sale tag.
Police also noticed that the international bar code for the items was scratched with a blue pen and a new code was handwritten on the bag.
The case was then referred to the military judiciary for investigation into how the products made it through the customs department at the port or the airport.
Spinneys had a similar incident almost ten years ago when shoppers discovered mugs made in Israel being sold at the retailer.
Follow me on Twitter
- Kerry’s delusional ceasefire proposal: When the left and right are in agreement you know you’ve lost the argument
- 5 soldiers were killed in Monday’s tunnel infiltration at Nahal Oz, IDF strikes Hamas centers of power
- Gaza operation day 21 – Hamas rockets kill Gaza civilians, mortars kill IDF soldiers, no ceasefire in sight
- Operation Protective Edge day 20 – Ceasefire see-saw
- About those terror tunnels, and how Hamas used child labour to build them
- Two great videos defending Israel in the media
- Operation Protective Edge weekend roundup: more IDF casualties, Israel reject’s Kerry’s idea of a ceasefire
- Good News Friday – war edition
- Operation Protective Edge Day 18 – another casualty, more rockets, Islamic Jihad leaders targeted
- Operation Protective Edge Day 17: FAA flight ban rescinded, President Rivlin sworn in; Gaza school hit , Palestinians riot in Jerusalem
Kerry’s delusi… on America can dish out insults b… Kerry’s delusi… on John Kerry: dishonest broker,… Kerry’s delusi… on Kerry’s delusional cease… trulyfox on Kerry’s delusional cease… Brian Goldfarb on Kerry’s delusional cease… Aridog on Kerry’s delusional cease… Brian Goldfarb on Gaza operation day 21 –… Brian Goldfarb on Kerry’s delusional cease… Irene Matthews on Kerry’s delusional cease… Reality on Kerry’s delusional cease… Earl on Kerry’s delusional cease… Aridog on Operation Protective Edge day… Kerry’s delusi… on America can dish out insults b… Kerry’s delusi… on John Kerry: dishonest broker,… cba on Gaza operation day 21 –…
TagsAmerica anti-Israel anti-semitism anti-Zionism antisemitism Apartheid Arabs archaeology Barack Obama Bashar Assad BDS Binyamin Netanyahu biomed boycott Brian Goldfarb Britain ceasefire chemical weapons civil war Egypt elections EU Europe flotilla France Gaza Good News Friday Grads Guardian Hamas Hezbollah hi-tech human rights IAF IDF Iran Islamic Jihad Israel Jerusalem John Kerry Jordan Judaism Judea and Samaria Kassams Knesset Lebanon Mahmoud Abbas media media bias Middle East missiles Mohammed Morsi Muslim Brotherhood Muslims natural gas nuclear program nuclear weapons Operation Protective Edge PA Palestinians peace talks rockets Russia settlements south Syria Temple Mount terrorism terrorists Turkey UK UN UNHRC US West Bank