Lebanese shopper discovered several food items made in Israel in one of Lebanon’s largest retailers Tuesday.
While shopping at Spinneys in the coastal city of Sidon, a man, who preferred to remain anonymous, discovered a bag of three kinds of peppers made in Israel.
He immediately contacted local authorities who in turn contacted the Lebanese Army.
Members of military intelligence and police arrived to Spinneys to discover 13 similar bags that have the word “Israel” printed on the sale tag.
Police also noticed that the international bar code for the items was scratched with a blue pen and a new code was handwritten on the bag.
The case was then referred to the military judiciary for investigation into how the products made it through the customs department at the port or the airport.
Spinneys had a similar incident almost ten years ago when shoppers discovered mugs made in Israel being sold at the retailer.
Follow me on Twitter
- The disproportionate hatred of Israel
- UPDATED: Ground operation day 5 – 2 more soldiers killed, Hamas claims to have abducted soldier, IDF names him as Oron Shaul
- Ground Operation Day 4 – another 7 soldiers killed
- Those Gaza casualty figures and Hamas’ use and abuse of civilian human shields
- Ground Operation Day 3 – 13 Golani soldiers killed, Hamas human shields at Shejaiya
- Protective Edge Ground Operation Day 3 update
- Operation Protective Edge – Ground op day 2
- Gaza ground operation – Friday-Shabbat edition
- Operation Protective Edge – humanitarian truce ends, ground operation begins
- Operation Protective Edge Day 10: Huge terror attack foiled, temporary truce begins after rocket salvoes
TagsAmerica anti-Israel anti-semitism anti-Zionism antisemitism Apartheid Arabs archaeology Barack Obama Bashar Assad BBC BDS Binyamin Netanyahu biomed boycott Brian Goldfarb Britain chemical weapons civil war Egypt elections EU Europe flotilla France Gaza Good News Friday Grads Guardian Hamas Hezbollah hi-tech human rights IAF IDF Iran Israel Jerusalem John Kerry Jordan Judaism Judea and Samaria Kassams Knesset Lebanon Mahmoud Abbas media media bias Middle East missiles Mohammed Morsi Muslim Brotherhood Muslims natural gas nuclear program nuclear weapons Operation Protective Edge PA Palestinians peace talks rockets Russia settlements south speech Syria Temple Mount terrorism terrorists Turkey UK UN UNHRC US West Bank