How to comment on postsSee how to comment in the menu bar above.
- Only 13 years late, Israel officially refutes the Al-Dura hoax
- Hezbollah fights for Assad; and how a US leak endangers Israel
- Russia is the major spoiler for Israel and the West in Syria
- Good News Friday
- How the media narrative on Israel has changed over 65 years
- Chag Shavuot Same’ach
- North Korean, Chinese and Russian missiles reach Syria and on to Iran
- Good News Friday
- The strange case of Stephen Hawking and the academic boycott of Israel that wasn’t. Or was it?
- Yom Yerushalayim 5773 – Jerusalem Reunification Day 2013
Category Archives: Judaism
The festival of Shavuot (“Feast of Weeks” or Pentecost) begins tonight, the culmination of the 7 weeks (hence the name) of counting the Omer – Sefirat Ha’Omer. We are instructed by G-d (ויקרא כ”ג:ט”ו – Lev. 23:15) to count, from … Continue reading
Welcome to this week’s special chametz-free Good News Friday Pesach edition. We start with the wonderful news that over Pesach the number of Jews living in Israel crossed the 6 million mark, making Israel the largest population centre of Jews … Continue reading
This blog is going to continue its semi-vacation over the next week during the Pesach (Passover) festival. I probably won’t blog in any serious fashion (unless there’s a major news event) until after the chag (it finishes on 1st April). … Continue reading
Rabbi Warren Goldstein, the Chief Rabbi of South Africa, is an amazingly inspirational thinker and speaker. Last year he produced a beautiful pre-Pesach video, and this year he hasn’t let us down. Watch this beautiful video about the importance of … Continue reading
For a pre-Pesach sweetener to help you smile through the last frantic preparations for Pesach, here is a very cute video from Aish, along the lines of previous “modern” recordings of historical events. Enjoy! And happy cleaning.