Lebanese shopper discovered several food items made in Israel in one of Lebanon’s largest retailers Tuesday.
While shopping at Spinneys in the coastal city of Sidon, a man, who preferred to remain anonymous, discovered a bag of three kinds of peppers made in Israel.
He immediately contacted local authorities who in turn contacted the Lebanese Army.
Members of military intelligence and police arrived to Spinneys to discover 13 similar bags that have the word “Israel” printed on the sale tag.
Police also noticed that the international bar code for the items was scratched with a blue pen and a new code was handwritten on the bag.
The case was then referred to the military judiciary for investigation into how the products made it through the customs department at the port or the airport.
Spinneys had a similar incident almost ten years ago when shoppers discovered mugs made in Israel being sold at the retailer.
Follow me on Twitter
- Is this the theory that explains Obama’s Mideast strategy?
- Obama has the lost the plot in the Middle East
- Good News Friday – Shabbat Hagadol edition
- Ratcheting up the anti-Israel rhetoric, Obama accuses Israel of spying
- Bizarro World at the UN
- Senator John McCain tells Obama: “Get over your temper tantrum”
- Senators Rubio, Cotton, slam Obama on his assault on Israel
- Obama’s spiteful reaction to Netanyahu’s winning the elections
- How Israelis viewed the election results
- Good News Friday
TagsAmerica anti-Israel anti-semitism anti-Zionism antisemitism Arabs archaeology Barack Obama Bashar Assad BBC BDS Binyamin Netanyahu biomed boycott Brian Goldfarb Britain ceasefire Egypt elections EU Europe flotilla France Gaza Good News Friday Grads Guardian Hamas Hezbollah human rights IAF IDF Iran ISIS Israel Israeli politics Jerusalem Jews John Kerry Jordan Judaism Judea and Samaria Knesset Lebanon Mahmoud Abbas media bias Middle East missiles Mohammed Morsi Muslim Brotherhood Muslims natural gas nuclear program nuclear weapons Operation Protective Edge PA Palestinians Palestinian state peace talks rockets Russia settlements south speech Syria Temple Mount terrorism terrorists Turkey UK UN UNHRC US US-Israel relationship West Bank