Lebanese shopper discovered several food items made in Israel in one of Lebanon’s largest retailers Tuesday.
While shopping at Spinneys in the coastal city of Sidon, a man, who preferred to remain anonymous, discovered a bag of three kinds of peppers made in Israel.
He immediately contacted local authorities who in turn contacted the Lebanese Army.
Members of military intelligence and police arrived to Spinneys to discover 13 similar bags that have the word “Israel” printed on the sale tag.
Police also noticed that the international bar code for the items was scratched with a blue pen and a new code was handwritten on the bag.
The case was then referred to the military judiciary for investigation into how the products made it through the customs department at the port or the airport.
Spinneys had a similar incident almost ten years ago when shoppers discovered mugs made in Israel being sold at the retailer.
Follow me on Twitter
Contact me:anneinpt at gmail dot com (replace at with @ and dot with .)
Backup blogIf this site is down try Anne's Opinions on Blogger
- Obama and Netanyahu at the UN GA: It could have been worse
- Good News Friday
- Netanyahu’s excellent speech at the UN
- The US military aid deal to Israel: Is it great or could it have been better?
- The Woes of the Women’s Flotillette to Gaza
- Bombings and stabbing in America – but were they terrorism?
- Good News Friday
- At the UN, only Israel is considered an “occupier”
- Let them eat dust. BDS demands: boycott Israeli water expertise
- The only ethnic cleansing that the world accepts is that of the Jews
Tags#BDSfail America anti-Israel anti-semitism anti-Zionism antisemitism Arabs archaeology Barack Obama BDS Binyamin Netanyahu biomed boycott Brian Goldfarb Britain ceasefire Egypt elections EU Europe family flotilla France Gaza Good News Friday Guardian Guest Post Hamas Hezbollah hi-tech human rights IAF IDF incitement Intifada Iran ISIS Islam Israel Israeli politics Jerusalem Jews John Kerry Jordan Judaism Judea and Samaria Lebanon Mahmoud Abbas media bias Middle East missiles Muslims nuclear deal nuclear program nuclear weapons Operation Protective Edge PA Palestinians Palestinian state peace talks rockets Russia settlements south support Israel Syria Temple Mount terrorism terrorists Turkey UK UN US US-Israel relationship West Bank