Lebanese shopper discovered several food items made in Israel in one of Lebanon’s largest retailers Tuesday.
While shopping at Spinneys in the coastal city of Sidon, a man, who preferred to remain anonymous, discovered a bag of three kinds of peppers made in Israel.
He immediately contacted local authorities who in turn contacted the Lebanese Army.
Members of military intelligence and police arrived to Spinneys to discover 13 similar bags that have the word “Israel” printed on the sale tag.
Police also noticed that the international bar code for the items was scratched with a blue pen and a new code was handwritten on the bag.
The case was then referred to the military judiciary for investigation into how the products made it through the customs department at the port or the airport.
Spinneys had a similar incident almost ten years ago when shoppers discovered mugs made in Israel being sold at the retailer.
Follow me on Twitter
Contact me:anneinpt at gmail dot com (replace at with @ and dot with .)
Backup blogIf this site is down try Anne's Opinions on Blogger
- Good News Friday – Happy New Ears (and more)
- Why there cannot be peace between Israel and the Palestinians
- BDS banned! – Hear them whine
- Terror attack in Samaria: Rabbi Raziel Shevach HY”D murdered
- The West’s shameful response to the Iran protests
- Shabbat Shalom – rainy edition
- Iran protests: is the regime in danger?
- Updated: Mordechai Kedar destroys Arab claims to Jerusalem on Al-Jazeera – full video with subtitles
- Baruch Dayan Emet: My father-in-law has passed away
- Wishing Merry Christmas to my Christian friends
- anti-Israel bias
- Barack Obama
- Binyamin Netanyahu
- Brian Goldfarb
- Donald Trump
- Good News Friday
- Guest Post
- human rights
- Israeli politics
- John Kerry
- Judea and Samaria
- Mahmoud Abbas
- media bias
- Middle East
- nuclear deal
- nuclear program
- nuclear weapons
- Operation Protective Edge
- support Israel
- Temple Mount
- US-Israel relationship
- West Bank