Lebanese shopper discovered several food items made in Israel in one of Lebanon’s largest retailers Tuesday.
While shopping at Spinneys in the coastal city of Sidon, a man, who preferred to remain anonymous, discovered a bag of three kinds of peppers made in Israel.
He immediately contacted local authorities who in turn contacted the Lebanese Army.
Members of military intelligence and police arrived to Spinneys to discover 13 similar bags that have the word “Israel” printed on the sale tag.
Police also noticed that the international bar code for the items was scratched with a blue pen and a new code was handwritten on the bag.
The case was then referred to the military judiciary for investigation into how the products made it through the customs department at the port or the airport.
Spinneys had a similar incident almost ten years ago when shoppers discovered mugs made in Israel being sold at the retailer.
Follow me on Twitter
Backup blogIf this site is down try Anne's Opinions on Blogger
- Worrying about Israel’s “moral compass”
- Netanyahu’s appointment of Liberman as Defence Minister: Gewald on the Left, cautious welcome on the right
- Good News Friday
- Melanie Phillips puts the Middle East conflict into the right perspective
- Let’s debunk the Nakba lies
- Israel’s democracy is being subverted and undermined
- Good News Friday
- Chag Atzma’ut Same’ach! Happy 68th Independence Day Israel!
- Yom Hazikaron 5776 – Israel’s Memorial Day 2016
- Obama’s secret Iran strategy has empowered Iran to build missiles that can now reach Israel
Tags#BDSfail anti-Israel anti-semitism anti-Zionism antisemitism Arabs archaeology Barack Obama Bashar Assad BDS Binyamin Netanyahu biomed boycott Brian Goldfarb Britain ceasefire Egypt elections EU Europe family flotilla France Gaza Good News Friday Guardian Guest Post Hamas Hezbollah hi-tech human rights IAF IDF incitement Intifada Iran ISIS Israel Israeli politics Jerusalem Jews John Kerry Jordan Judaism Judea and Samaria Lebanon Mahmoud Abbas media bias Middle East missiles Muslims nuclear deal nuclear program nuclear weapons Operation Protective Edge PA Palestinians Palestinian state peace talks rockets Russia settlements south support Israel Syria Temple Mount terrorism terrorists Turkey UK UN UNHRC US US-Israel relationship West Bank