Lebanese shopper discovered several food items made in Israel in one of Lebanon’s largest retailers Tuesday.
While shopping at Spinneys in the coastal city of Sidon, a man, who preferred to remain anonymous, discovered a bag of three kinds of peppers made in Israel.
He immediately contacted local authorities who in turn contacted the Lebanese Army.
Members of military intelligence and police arrived to Spinneys to discover 13 similar bags that have the word “Israel” printed on the sale tag.
Police also noticed that the international bar code for the items was scratched with a blue pen and a new code was handwritten on the bag.
The case was then referred to the military judiciary for investigation into how the products made it through the customs department at the port or the airport.
Spinneys had a similar incident almost ten years ago when shoppers discovered mugs made in Israel being sold at the retailer.
Follow me on Twitter
- Good News Friday
- Huge wave of terror hits Israel
- Anti-Israel and anti-Jewish bias in the media and State Dept.
- The aftermath of the Sukkot terror attacks
- Simchat Torah 5776 – Chag Same’ach!
- The terror continues: double murder in the Old City of Jerusalem
- Good News Friday – Sukkot edition
- Disaster on Sukkot – Israeli couple murdered in front of their children
- EU MP: Israel has many friends, labelling Israeli goods is illegal
- Celebrate a birthday with a huge mitzva
TagsAmerica anti-Israel anti-semitism anti-Zionism antisemitism Arabs archaeology Barack Obama Bashar Assad BBC BDS Binyamin Netanyahu biomed boycott Brian Goldfarb Britain ceasefire Egypt elections EU Europe family flotilla France Gaza Good News Friday Guardian Guest Post Hamas Hezbollah hi-tech human rights IAF IDF Iran ISIS Israel Israeli politics Jerusalem Jews John Kerry Jordan Judaism Judea and Samaria Lebanon Mahmoud Abbas media bias Middle East missiles Muslims natural gas nuclear deal nuclear program nuclear weapons Obama Operation Protective Edge PA Palestinians Palestinian state peace talks rockets Russia settlements south speech Syria Temple Mount terrorism terrorists Turkey UK UN US US-Israel relationship West Bank