Lebanese shopper discovered several food items made in Israel in one of Lebanon’s largest retailers Tuesday.
While shopping at Spinneys in the coastal city of Sidon, a man, who preferred to remain anonymous, discovered a bag of three kinds of peppers made in Israel.
He immediately contacted local authorities who in turn contacted the Lebanese Army.
Members of military intelligence and police arrived to Spinneys to discover 13 similar bags that have the word “Israel” printed on the sale tag.
Police also noticed that the international bar code for the items was scratched with a blue pen and a new code was handwritten on the bag.
The case was then referred to the military judiciary for investigation into how the products made it through the customs department at the port or the airport.
Spinneys had a similar incident almost ten years ago when shoppers discovered mugs made in Israel being sold at the retailer.
Follow me on Twitter
Contact me:anneinpt at gmail dot com (replace at with @ and dot with .)
Backup blogIf this site is down try Anne's Opinions on Blogger
- Israel’s 70th birthday! Chag Atzma’ut Same’ach!
- Yom Hazikaron 5778 – Israel’s Memorial Day 2018
- Good News Friday – Choose Life
- Yom Hashoah 5778 – 2018
- Hamas March of Return II: So sorry we didn’t die
- Chag Same’ach – Shvi’i shel Pesach, the 7th day of Pesach
- Jeremy Corbyn fuels the antisemitism fire by Jew-baiting
- Hamas’s March of Return PR stunt: let’s rush Israel’s border
- Chag Kasher Ve’sameach – Happy Pesach!
- British Jews are revolting – at last!
- anti-Israel bias
- Barack Obama
- Binyamin Netanyahu
- Brian Goldfarb
- Donald Trump
- Good News Friday
- Guest Post
- human rights
- Israeli politics
- John Kerry
- Judea and Samaria
- Labour Party
- Mahmoud Abbas
- media bias
- Middle East
- nuclear deal
- nuclear program
- nuclear weapons
- Operation Protective Edge
- support Israel
- Temple Mount
- US-Israel relationship
- West Bank