Israel has sadly not been the only victim of Muslim terrorism this week. In two terrorist attacks in Canada two soldiers were killed and several people injured.
In the first terror attack, in an echo of yesterday’s attack in Jerusalem, (h/t TCKT) a homegrown terrorist drove his car into a Canadian soldier, killing him on the spot and injuring another:
The Canadian soldier who died a day after being run down by a suspected homegrown terrorist has been identified as 53-year-old Warrant Officer Patrice Vincent.
Quebec provincial police confirmed the news Tuesday after a news conference at which they said they believe the attacker, Martin Rouleau, may have been lying in wait for more than two hours before running his victims down with his car.
Police said the investigation into the hit-and-run that killed one and injured another has so far uncovered evidence that Rouleau had been sitting in the parking lot outside of a federal building that offers support to Canadian military veterans and other personnel as early as 9:15 a.m. on Monday. The attack in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, south of Montreal, occurred around 11:30 a.m.
Rouleau, 25, was shot by police after a brief chase that ended about four kilometres from the site of the hit-and-run and died several hours later in hospital.
“He was sitting in the car in the parking lot,” said police spokesman Lt. Guy Lapointe. “The working thesis is that this was a deliberate act.”
On Monday the Prime Minister’s Office said Rouleau had “become radicalized.”
Friends of Martin Rouleau said that over the past year they tried to help him see the error of his new opinions. They say he was lost to a world of conspiracy theories, hatred and religion-fuelled anger that led to what intelligence and security experts have been fretting about for years: a homegrown, radicalized terrorist acting out on Canadian soil.
The second attack took place just two days later, when terrorists opened fire outside and inside the Canadian Parliament building in Ottawa, killing another Canadian soldier:
OTTAWA — Two people are dead after at least one gunman stormed Parliament Hill on Wednesday morning.
One of the dead is a soldier, Cpl. Nathan Cirillo, 24, a reservist with Argylls of Canada – 91st Canadian Highlanders in Hamilton, Ont., who was standing guard at the National War Memorial. The other is the gunman, Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, born in 1982, who opened fire in Centre Block across the street.
Two U.S. officials said that U.S. agencies have been advised that Zehaf-Bibeau was a Canadian convert to Islam. One of the officials said that the man was from Quebec.
Police continued to search vehicles in downtown Ottawa, where blocks of the city’s core were locked down all day.
Gunfire exploded shortly before 10 a.m., just outside where the Conservative caucus was meeting.
The shooter was met with return fire — dozens of shots were heard — and was killed outside the parliamentary library.
Watch the terrifying incident caught on video:
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper condemned the attack, and kudos to him for calling the killers “terrorists”. This is so unusual in these days of political correctness that it deserves special mention:
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper described the perpetrator of a “brutal and violent” attack on the Parliament complex in Ottawa that left a soldier dead Wednesday as a “terrorist” in an address to the nation.
“We will not be intimidated. Canada will never be intimidated,” Harper said before vowing that the attack would “lead us to strengthen our resolve and redouble our efforts” to keep the country safe and work with Canada’s allies to fight terrorists.
The report continues:
The assault rocked Parliament over and over with the boom of gunfire, led MPs to barricade doors with chairs and sent people streaming from the building in fear. Harper was addressing a caucus when the attack began outside the door, but he safely escaped. He gave his address Wednesday evening from an undisclosed location.
Earlier Wednesday, Canadian authorities identified the shooter as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau, 32. A government official told Fox News that they have been advised that Zehaf-Bibeau, a Quebec native, was thought to be a recent convert to Islam who had changed his name from Michael Joseph Hall. Investigators offered little additional information about the gunman. However, Harper said in his address that “in the days to come we will learn about the terrorist and any accomplices he may have had.”
Court records that appear to be the gunman’s show that he had a long rap sheet, with a string of convictions for assault, robbery, drug and weapons offenses, and other crimes.
The shooting, which triggered a lockdown of Canada’s capital, came just two days after a deadly hit-and-run terror attack targeting soldiers in Quebec by a man the Prime Minister referred to as an “ISIL-inspired terrorist.” That killer, also identified as a convert to Islam, had been on the radar of federal investigators, who feared he had jihadist ambitions and seized his passport when he tried to travel to Turkey.
My sincere condolences to Canada and to the families of the two soldiers who were murdered. Of all the countries in the world, Canada is the one who least “deserves” to be targeted by terrorists – which of course is precisely the reason they were targeted: because they are not politically-correct, because they stand up for Israel, and because they confront terrorists.
Israeli PM Binyamin Netanyahu called PM Harper to convey his condolences on the attack:
Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu spoke on Wednesday evening with Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and asked to convey the condolences of the Israeli people in wake of the terrorist attack in Ottawa.
Netanyahu expressed his full support for Canada’s fight against terrorism, in which Israel and the international community are partners, the Prime Minister’s Office said in a statement.
It is shocking to note the growing phenomenon of “home-grown” or “radicalised” Muslims, particularly the converts to Islam. Canada is not the first country to suffer from this terrorism and unfortunately won’t be the last, until the world learns to stand up to the extremists.
Speaking of home-grown terrorism, as if it weren’t enough that a Palestinian terrorist killed a baby just yesterday afternoon, this morning Palestinian rioters, aka terrorists, have been pelting a Jerusalem kindergarten with stones:
A day after the tragic attack in Jerusalem, resulting in the death of an infant girl, assaults against Jewish targets by Arab extremists continue.
Masked Arabs threw rocks at a children’s kindergarten Thursday morning. The kindergarten is located in the Ma’ale ha-Zeitim neighborhood next to Ras al-Amud, in eastern Jerusalem. No injuries or damage were reported. Police and border patrol are attempting to determine the location of the suspects, who fled.
“Jerusalem police emphasizes that it will demonstrate zero tolerance towards any incident of violence and will put its hand on anyone who disturbs public order in the city and prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law,” police spokeswoman Luba Samri said in a statement.
It is unclear if the kindergarten which was attacked is the same one targeted by Arab thugs late last month. That shocking attack was caught on camera.
In addition to the attack at the kindergarten, stones were thrown at the light rail station in Shuafat in eastern Jerusalem Thursday morning. The train was damaged, but no injuries were reported.
A similar incident took place Wednesday at the same location, also causing damage. However, there were no injuries then either.
A 12-year-old boy, who was caught Wednesday throwing stones at an Israeli vehicle in the neighborhood At-Tur, was brought to a bail hearing today.
But don’t worry. I’m sure AP and the other media will gleefully report that “Israel arrested a Palestinian child” without giving any context.